Project summary: We live in a VUCA world, characterized by volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity, and these characteristics are even more evident in the commercial sphere. Local companies need to have a presence in the global market to become more competitive and, as such, proficiency in the English language is essential to effectively contact foreign consumers and suppliers. Aware of this reality, our school and the Spanish partner institution founded the eTwinning project “From the Spanish fields to the Portuguese markets”, involving students from the Technical Sales and Marketing and International Trade VET courses. This project will have as its starting point the simulation of a commercial operation. The International Trade students created fictitious companies for the distribution of regional products from Pamplona (cheese, wines, olive oil…) and the Sales and Marketing students represent stores in the city of Porto that sell these products. Throughout the project, the commercial transaction will be made in writing, in English, and will culminate in an online meeting, in which, among others, prices, discount percentages, payment methods will be discussed… In the end, the buying and selling contract will be sent and signed.
- Mobilize insights from other areas of knowledge attached to the course, integrating them transversally in the development of the project;
- Develop negotiation and marketing strategies;
- Strengthen communication skills in English (oral and written);
- Consolidate soft skills such as the ability to argue, teamwork and creativity;
- Demonstrate autonomy in research, understanding and sharing of results, using accessible, creative and appropriate ICT tools;
- Demonstrate intercultural communication skills, tolerance and openness towards other realities and express interest in knowing them;
- Know the consumption habits and local products of partner countries;
- Consolidate the internationalization strategy of the schools involved and the partnership established in other international projects;
- Increase the attractiveness of VET courses, conferring them more practicability and an international dimension.
Partner countries: Portugal and Spain
Link for TwinSpace: https://twinspace.etwinning.net/221770/home